Sanlam Cape Town Marathon
Payment of all prize-monies for the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon will be made no later than 14 days after receiving the doping test results. Due to the complexity of these results this often takes several months. Payments will only be made via EFT / bank transfer, to the account provided by the athlete themselves, or their duly authorized IAAF Athlete Representative.
* Please note if you are an international athlete, Income Tax will be deducted from the prize money as is required by the South African Revenue Service. Furthermore certain Athletes and Managers may be required to get SARB approval prior to payment being made. All prizes and incentives are ONLY applicable to contracted Sanlam Cape Town Marathon PAP field and South African Athletes. They are not applicable for athletes from outside of South Africa who are not contracted PAP field athletes or athletes who are from outside of South Africa who are taking part in other competitions that may be associated with the event.
Professional Athletes Programme (PAP)
Due to numerous reasons including special drinks stations, organization, logistics, anti-doping & media, all international athletes and local athletes (who hope to qualify for prize money), need to apply and be accepted into the PAP, applications are to be sent through to the meeting organisers, for attention of the professional athlete co-ordinator, no later than 8 weeks prior to the event – e-mail address: PAP@capetownmarathon.com
- PAP INVITED INTERNATIONAL ATHLETES: Please note that the 2017 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon is an IAAF GOLD LABEL STATUS MARATHON, this means that we are required to invite athletes from at least 5 countries and that these athletes should meet the following IAAF Gold Label Status standards; Gold Label Status Times (recorded within the past 36 months – from our race date of 23 September 2018)
- All international athletes (particularly athletes who hope to qualify for prize money), including those who may be running for local clubs, will only be accepted if she / he represents herself / himself or if represented by an authorized athlete representative (as listed on IAAF.org for year 2017), and are required to present a written approval (a permit) from their National federations. Proof of the fore-mentioned requirements, along with a copy of athlete’s passport need to be handed over to the event organisers, for the attention of the professional athlete co-ordinator, 4 weeks prior to the event taking place. All athletes who do not present such permits and copies of passports within the given time-frame will NOT be eligible for prize money and the event organisers reserve the right to stop such athlete from taking part in the event.
|PAP INTERNATIONAL ATHLETE QUALIFYING TIMES|
|MARATHON: Men: 2:10:00 and Women: 2:28:00|
|HALF MARATHON: Men: 1:01:00 and Women: 1:11:00|
|10KM: 28:00 and Women: 32:00|
- PAP: LOCAL ATHLETES (SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS): Local athletes will be considered to race within the PAP field provided they have qualified for at least an IAAF bronze label status time (recorded within the past 36 months – from our race date of 23 September 2018), all applications (including a motivating letter and athletes CV with times) need to be sent through to PAP@capetownmarathon.com.
|PAP RSA (LOCAL) ATHLETE QUALIFYING TIMES|
|MARATHON: Men 2:16:00 and Women 2:38:00|
|HALF MARATHON: Men 1:04:00 and Women 1:15:00|
|10KM: Men 30:00 and Women 37:00|
INCENTIVES (Standard Published Time Bonuses (not cumulative but “best of”))
- All athletes who run the following times within the 2018 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (42.2km) will qualify for a time bonus of R25,000.
TIME BONUS TIMES: Men: Sub 2:08:00 and Women: Sub 2:26:00
- All Athletes who run below the IAAF GOLD LABEL status marathon times within the 2018 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon will qualify for a gold label bonus of R15,000.
IAAF GOLD TIME: MARATHON: Men: Sub: 2:10:00 and Women: Sub: 2:28:00
- All South African Athletes (must produce confirmation of citizenship) who run below the IAAF BRONZE LABEL status marathon time within the 2018 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event will qualify for a bronze label bonus of R10,000.
IAAF BRONZE TIME: MARATHON: Men Sub: 2:16:00 and Women Sub: 2:38:00
Standard Published Event Record Bonuses
- Record – If the athlete is first in the 2018 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon and breaks the course record for the 42.2km he / she will qualify for an added record bonus of R100,000. CURRENT SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON RECORDS
- MENS: 02:08:41 (2016) – Asefa Negewo (Ethiopia)
- WOMEN: 02:30:20 (2015) – Isabella Ochichi (Kenya)
Terms and Conditions Apply. These incentives are only applicable to contracted Sanlam Cape Town Marathon PAP field and South African Athletes. These incentives are not applicable for other competitions that may or may not be associated with the event.