Cape Town is the proud and gracious hostess of an international 10km PEACE Run / Walk. We challenge you to experience Africa’s beautiful Mother City as never before, by running for PEACE in the Sanlam Cape Town 10km PEACE RUN.
For Sanlam Cape Town 10km Peace Run interactive map – CLICK HERE – powered by TOMTOM Maps
Join the global community of thousands of people in countries across the world, who traditionally come together to run 10km races to commemorate the United Nation’s International Day of Peace on 17th of September 2017.
This heartfelt and unifying 10km PEACE RUN is open to all runners ranging across elite athletes to social runners / walkers. The 10km PEACE RUN provides a flat and fast route, where you will be able to take in the natural beauty of the Atlantic seaboard. By running this event you will experience the vibrant spirit of the Cape Town community in a unique way and also contribute towards PEACE.
The one hour 50 minute cut-off time can accommodate walkers.
ALL RUNNERS WILL RECEIVE
- An event goodie bag
- A medal on completion
Sanlam Cape Town 10km Records:
Men: 00:28:28 (2016) – Nkhasi Namakoe – RSA
Women: 00:32:44 (2016) – Helalia Johannes – Namibia
The Sanlam Cape Town 10km PEACE Run takes place on Sunday, 17th September, 2017
- Race starts at 07h10
- Start: Corner of Granger Bay Blvd and Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point, Cape Town
- Finish: Green Point A Track, Green Point, Cape Town
- Cut off time – Duration is 1 hour 50 minutes – this will be strictly monitored
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners of 14 years of age and over
- Entry Fees local athletes(VAT incl):
- Licensed Runners: R90 – Includes race entry & timing Chip
- Unlicensed Runners: R120 (adults) and R105 (juniors) – Includes race entry, temporary licence & timing Chip
- Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (optional extra) event shirt: R200
- Entry Fees International athletes (VAT incl): R500 (includes race entry, timing device & temporary SA athlete registration
- Entry Fees International athletes AFRICA(VAT incl): R300 (includes race entry, timing device & temporary SA athlete registration)
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral
event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen
campaign. OFF SET YOUR TRAVEL CARBON FOOTPRINT AND TAKE THE GREEN PLEDGE
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- Time Chips: A temporary chip is included in the race fee and will be supplied at registration.
- On-line entries close at midnight on 20th August 2017, or when the maximum entry limit (10 000) has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- Manual entries close on 13th August 2017, or when the maximum entry limit (10 000) has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- No upgrades or downgrades will be processed
- Substitutions will be done between 21st & 27th AUGUST 2017. No refunds will be processed. An admin fee will be charged for substitution entries.
Route: Start in Granger Bay Blvd, running towards Waterfront, go into waterfront and loop around front of the Lookout, back onto Beach Road – along beach road all the way to where Beach Meets Beach – onto the Prominade, along Prominage till Sea Point Swimming Pool, continue for small loop along pavement – back along Beach Road, turn left into Beach again and then right into kiewiet, through Green point Urban Park, along walkway between athletics stadium and Helen Suzman, under fanwalk underpass, sharp left into Granger Bay Blvd and then right into Green Point A track to finish