Hotels, Airlines and International Travel Partners
TRAVEL PARTNERS – Sanlam Cape Town Marathon
For packages that may suite your needs, we encourage you to visit the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Official Travel Partners listed below:
- AIR TRAVEL PARTNER – Ethiopian AirlinesEthiopian airlines are our International travel partner – they are offering special deals for runners of the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon. To view – click here
- HOTEL PARTNER – Tsogo Sun Hotel
Tsogo Sun Hotels are our official Hotel Partner – they are offering special deals for runners of the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon at their various Hotels that are situated in the centre of Cape Town. To view – click here
- Penthouse Sporting Tours – www.runningtours.co.za, for specific specials for Sanlam Cape Town Marathon
OUR RECOGNISED INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AGENCIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
|COUNTRY||TRAVEL PARTNER DETAILS|
|AUSTRALIA||RUN FUN TRAVEL
|CANADA|| RUN THE GLOBE
|MARATHON TOURS AND TRAVEL
|FRANCE||SPORTIFS A BORD
|THOMAS COOK MARATHON
|HONG KONG||FLIGHT CENTRE (Hong Kong)
|IRELAND||SPORTS TRAVEL INTERNATIONAL
|FLIGHT CENTRE – Singapore
|SWITZERLAND||MICExperts – KUONI
|SPORTS TOURS INTERNATIONAL
|2:09 EVENTS LIMITED
|USA||MARATHON TOURS AND TRAVEL
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTERING SOUTH AFRICA?
You will need the following documents:
- A valid passport or travel document that will be valid for the length of your intended stay. Your passport should have at least one blank page in it.
- A valid visa, if required. – click here
- Proof of sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates – if your journey starts or passes through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
DO I NEED A VISA TO VISIT SOUTH AFRICA?
Depending on your nationality, and the purpose and duration of your visit, you may not need a visa to visit South Africa.
- Click on link below to view the Department of Home Affairs’ list of exemptions from South African visa – click here
WHERE CAN I MAKE ENQUIRIES ABOUT VISAS?
- See the Department of Home Affairs’ website at click here
- Check the list of South African offices abroad for information on where to apply in your own country.
- Home Affairs’ contact centre: +27 11 461 9252 (overseas callers), 0800 60 11 90 (within SA), email@example.com
HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A VISA?
The Department of Home Affairs’ website will inform you on visa costs, processing time, where to apply, what to submit, requirements for people in transit, as well as information relating to your duration and purpose of stay, medical visas, and photographs. *Note: You are required to fill in an original visa application form. Forms downloaded off the Internet will not be accepted. Get your visa before leaving for South Africa. If you are subject to visa requirements, you should apply for your visa at least four weeks before your departure for South Africa. Do not leave until you know your application has been successful. Visas are not issued at South African ports of entry, and airline officials are obliged to insist on visas before allowing passengers to board. If you arrive without a visa, immigration officials will refuse you entry to South Africa and place you on a return flight to your country.
For further information – click here
CONSULATES, EMBASSIES & LEGATIONS IN CAPE TOWN
See Web site for details regarding where your local Embassy is – click here
VISITING CAPE TOWN
For full details as to what to do in the City or further afield visit the official Cape Town Tourism website http://www.capetown.travel/
South Africa is in the southern hemisphere. Its seasons are reversed compared to Europe. The months of December, January and February correspond to the austral summer (and major holidays). The climate varies from one region to another.
- Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate character. Summer (September to April) are hot and dry, with temperatures around 28 ° C. Winter (May to August) is temperate (17 ° C), but the temperature can drop to 8°C.
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR SUITCASE:
- Aside your racing vest, shorts and running shoes!
- It is spring in Cape Town so the weather can be variable, you are sure to experience some beautiful sunshine, but you may have a spot of rain and evenings are cool at this time of the year. You will have to bring layers of clothing. Cape Town is a City that caters for all styles, with casual being the most predominant.
- Of course, do not forget sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and swimsuit! In the evening, the long-sleeved shirt is the rule for a touch of elegance.
- In case you intend to make a ride inland the country; safari for example, think about mosquito products and an antacid that will embellish your life once there! Otherwise, Cape Town is a very modern City, you will be able to find everything you need and much more.
Exploring Cape Town
You will find yourself spoilt for choice during your time in Cape Town! The City offers a wide range of stunning attractions and activities, such as:
- To find out more go to CAPE TOWN TOURISM: http://www.capetown.travel/
- Cable car ride to the summit of the iconic Table Mountain, a New7Wonder of Nature
- Historic and cultural attractions of the City Centre including the Bo-Kaap, District Six Museum and the Company Gardens
- V&A Waterfront with its abundance of shops, markets, restaurants and cafes, as well as the Two Oceans Aquarium, cinemas, boat rides and yacht cruises
- Visit to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Relaxing on stunning white-sand beaches such as Clifton, Camps Bay and Llandudno
- Hiking, running and mountain-biking in the Table Mountain National Park
- Sea-kayaking, diving, surfing, paddle-skiing, shark cage-diving and dune-boarding
- World-class wine-tasting and fine dining in the Cape Winelands
- Touring the spectacular Cape Peninsula and Cape Point National Park
RUN CAPE TOWN – Sightseeing on the run
- To explore Cape Town via a personal running trip CLICK HERE
EXPLORING SOUTH AFRICA AND AFRICA
You will find yourself spoilt for choice during your time in South Africa! The Country offers a wide range of stunning attractions and activities, such as:
- Safari’s and Game drives
- Shark cage diving
- Watching wales
- Wine Routes