The marathon is a long personal journey into the very centre of the soul. Marathon runners feed on YOUR encouragement to get them over the line. Many are far away from home, visitors to this beautiful city – be one of the many enthusiastic ambassadors welcoming and encouraging them. All you need is music, dance, entertainment or cheering to make their experience an unforgettable one. And we’ve made it so easy for you.
To take part, simply make your way to one of the specially created SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON SPECTATOR ZONES at the following points and bring the “Gees” of Cape Town to support the runners
- Sea Point Swimming Pool (4km)
- City Hall & Grand Parade (13.8km)
- Victoria Road, Woodstock (16.5km)
- Observatory Main Road (18.7km) (Observatory
- Pick ’n Pay Centre)
- Rondebosch Main Road (20.8km)
- Half way supporter zone (Newlands Main Road – outside Groote Schuur Residence) (21.1km)
- Newlands supporter zone (Newlands swimming pool area) (22.4km)
- Newlands supporter zone (opposite Newlands Cricket ground) (23.4km)
- Rondebosch Campground Road / Sandown Road (25.7km)
- Rondebosch Common – Park Road (28.5km)
- Rondebosch Common – opposite Red Cross Children’s Hospital (29.7km)
- Rondebosch Common – near Rustenburg Girls High (30.8km)
- Liesbeek Parkway – at Durban road intersection (32.6km)
- Liesbeek Parkway opposite Hartleyvale (33.7km)
- Salt River Circle and Biscuit Mill (36km)
- Strand Street – Good Hope Centre (38.7km)
- Bree Street supporter zone – going over bridge & Prestwich Museum area (40km)
- Somerset Road, Green Point Fanwalk (41km)
- Finish: Vlei Road, Green Point
So, grab a cuppa and join those wonderful Capetonians that make this city such an awesome place to live – those who have taken up the initiative in creating these spectator zones: the ommunities, the sponsors, the needy charities and now you our unofficial ambassador!
To witness one of Africa’s iconic city marathons, all you need to do is SHOW UP and SHOUT!
If you are unable to make it to a Spectator Zone, be sure not to miss out as the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon will be broadcasted live on the 18th October 2020 from 06h30 on SABC2
You will also be able to view the event through live streaming of the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon on youtube or via our website – www.capetownmarathon.com
If you live on a road used by the event, please can you assist us by parking your vehicle off the route on the evening of the 14th September 2019. Vehicle removals will take place if illegally parked.
Anyone in South Africa can enter. Our race wouldn’t be the same without supporters like you, so this year, we’re giving you official fan numbers plus the chance to win a share of R210 000*. 5 Running Clubs and 5 Charities will each stand a chance of winning.
If you are a supporter, a club member, a charity, come and support your runners and stand a chance to win one of the following prizes:
Prizes: Clubs and Charities: 1st prize: R50 000, 2nd prize: R25 000, 3rd prize: R15 000, 4th prize: R10 000 & 5th prize: R5 000
All you have to do is:
- Download your official fan number here, fill in a number and create your message.
- Wear your fan number on race day and take a selfie showing your gees on the route.
- Share it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #SCTMgees & tag us on @ctmarathon
Bring your gees and be part of Africa’s Gold on Sunday, 18th October. We so appreciate your support.
JUDGES: A team of judges will be on route, recording what is happening at each zone. Our judges will choose the winners at the end of the marathon weekend. Announcements will be made post race weekend.