The marathon is a long personal journey into the very centre of the soul. Marathon runners feed on YOUR encouragement to get them over the line. Many are far away from home, visitors to this beautiful city – be one of the many enthusiastic ambassadors welcoming and encouraging them. All you need is music, dance, entertainment or cheering to make their experience an unforgettable one. And we’ve made it so easy for you.
To take part, simply make your way to one of the specially created SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON SPECTATOR ZONES at the following points and bring the “Gees” of Cape Town to support the runners
- Sea Point Swimming Pool (4km)
- City Hall & Grand Parade (13.8km)
- Victoria Road, Woodstock (16.5km)
- Observatory Main Road (18.7km) (Observatory Pick ’n Pay Centre)
- Rondebosch Main Road (20.8km)
- Half way supporter zone (Newlands Main Road outside Groote Schuur Residence) (21.1km)
- Newlands supporter zone (Newlands swimming pool area) (22.4km)
- Newlands supporter zone (opposite Newlands Cricket ground) (23.4km)
- Rondebosch Campground Road / Sandown Road (25.7km)
- Rondebosch Common – Park Road (28.5km)
- Rondebosch Common – opposite Red Cross Children’s Hospital (29.7km)
- Rondebosch Common – near Rustenburg Girls High (30.8km)
- Liesbeek Parkway – at Durban road intersection (32.6km)
- Liesbeek Parkway opposite Hartleyvale (33.7km)
- Salt River Circle and Biscuit Mill (36km)
- Strand Street – Good Hope Centre (38.7km)
- Bree Street supporter zone – going over bridge & Prestwich Museum area (40km)
- Somerset Road, Green Point Fanwalk (41km)
- Finish: Vlei Road, Green Point
So, grab a cuppa and join those wonderful Capetonians that make this city such an awesome place to live – those who have taken up the initiative in creating these spectator zones: the communities, the sponsors, the needy charities and now you our unofficial ambassador!
To witness one of Africa’s iconic city marathons, all you need to do is SHOW UP and SHOUT! To find out more about the spectator GEES competition CLICK HERE
LIVE TV – SABC2
If you are unable to make it to a Spectator Zone, be sure not to miss out as the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon will be broadcasted live on the 23rd September 2018 from 06h30 on SABC2
You will also be able to view the event through live streaming of the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon website – www.capetownmarathon.com
TRACK YOUR MARATHON RUNNER
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon proudly presents RTRT.me, a real time tracking service for all of the 42.2km marathon runners.
Download app: http://rtrt.me/app/ctm
Athletes and supporters will be able to track their marathon runners progress (splits will be provided every 5km) by uploading the RTRT.me app onto their phone – go to http://rtrt.me/app/ctm for download. Once the RTRT.me app is downloaded onto your mobile device, open the app and follow the instructions below:
UNDER SEACH PARTIPANTS CATEGORY: Enter participants name or race number – select your runner.