10KM PEACE RUN START AREA (YELLOW START)
PEACE PROCEEDINGS START TIME: 07h10
The Sanlam Cape Town 10km PEACE Run Start (YELLOW START) is in Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point. The 10km start can ONLY be accessed via indicated walkways. Please familiarize yourself with the start area before you arrive and follow the YELLOW directional signage.
PLEASE NOTE: The 10km start can ONLY be accessed to Fritz Sonnenberg Road from pedestrian walkway and the underpass.
- Seeding pens will open at 06h00.
- 10KM START TIME: The Peace proceedings and singing of the National Anthem will commence at 07h10. The start of the 10km will be at 07h30.
- CUT-OFF TIME: 2 hours – please note that this will be strictly adhered to.
The start area offers the following facilities:
- Information Area
- Race Desk
- Coffee (bring money)
GENERAL RACE NUMBERS AND KIT
One race number has been issued. Registered club athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licensed runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest.
Two race numbers have been issued. Registered club athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race numbers must be worn front and back, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible.
AGE GROUP TAGS & AGE GROUP PRIZES:
Age category tags must be worn (front and back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize. Please note that running in your club colours is encouraged and that full club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
A The letter in front of your race number indicates your seeding pen.
- Your FRONT race number is the number with the FINISHTIME DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP
- Please do not bend or fold your race number as this could affect the antennae and the signal capability of the chip.
- Wear your temporary timing chip during the race to qualify for position, race time and prizes. NO CHIP NO TIME
- TOP EVENTS will provide an emergency help-desk at the start line of the 10km, on the morning of the event.
We encourage all runners to be aware of the eco-sensitivity of the area that you are running through, and encourage you to consider carrying your own water. There will be a fill-up station available at the following point along the route: – Rocklands Beach – look out for the Bluewater trailer.
There will be toilet facilities at the start, at all water points, and at the finish. The following public toilets will be open for use:
- Promenade Toilets at Three Anchor Bay, and at the lighthouse in Mouille Point.
Mediclinic are our medical partners, and will be looking after you on race day.
FOR ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCIES: 080 911 9111FOR GENERAL ENQUIRIES SUNDAY: 021 417 4150
- There will be a full medical tent at the finish, and a medic with a golf cart will assist in transporting runners to the race hospital.
- Information relating to runners who have been admitted to the medical tent will be available at the information centre, located on the field at the finish.
Please note that roads in the area will be closed by 06h30. Plan your trip accordingly.
Please take note of the following road closures in and around the start and finish areas. It is critical to get to the start early to avoid traffic congestion. The following roads will be affected or experience disruptions on the 14th & 15th September 2019.
FOR FULL DOWNLOAD OF ROAD CLOSURES: Sanlam Cape Town Marathon 2019 ROAD CLOSURES –
SHARED FIELDS, GREEN POINT
The finish area offers the following facilities:
- Food and refreshment vendors
- Castle Light Beer Garden
- Mediclinic Medical Tent
- Deep Heat Massage Tent
- Coke Hydration station
- Woolworths Food Zone
- Hospitality areas
- Media / Press Tent
- Super Rent Tog Bag Facilities
- Club and Charity Gazebo’s
- Live Commentary, TV Coverage on Big Screen
10KM PRIZE GIVING
Prize giving will be for the top three men and women directly after the top three winners have finished. All other prizes (including team prizes and age group prizes) will be awarded later electronically and individually.
ACCESS INTO RESTRICTED FINISH AREA
As per IAAF standards no team managers or unauthorised officials will be allowed into the finish area. This will be strictly enforced.
Please note that there will be no shower facilities at the finish.