START: 14th September 2019
VLEI ROAD, GREEN POINT
- 22KM: 07h30
- 12KM: 08h15
The start area offers the following facilities:
- Coffee Zone
- Information Area
- Emergency Race Desk
A race briefing will be given 5 minutes before the start of each distance during which time vital information will be communicated on all aspects of the route and safety.
Your FRONT race number is the number with the FINISHTIME DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP attached. Please do not bend or fold your race number as this could affect the antennae and the signal capability of the chip
RACE NUMBERS AND KIT:
Race numbers are to be placed on the front of your running shirt/vest. Please wear your wristband(s) on your right-hand wrist (To be collected at start).
There will be water stations at the Glen Road and Signal Hill parking lots (22km long course water stations will be at 8.5km’s and 15km’s. 12km Short Course Water station is at 5.6km). We encourage you to run carrying a minimum of 500ml. Only water will be available at the water stations.
Please note: Cape Town Marathon and Wildrunner have gone cupless with all our trail running events, so should you wish to make use of the water stations, be sure to bring along a re-usable eco cup (for sale at pre-registration) or run with a bottle or hydration pack that you can refill.
CARRY YOUR OWN WATER
- Water tanks will be available at the start for you to fill up your bottle or hydration pack
- There will be fill-up stations available at the water stations. Look out for the Bluewater Station to fill up
We encourage all runners to be aware of water wastage and thank you for your care, consideration, and understanding.
There are two toilets situated along the route
- Toilet 1 (Location: Situated in the Glen Picnic Area – KM Point: 5km)
- Toilet 2 (Location: Situated at Signal Hill Parking lot – KM Point: 15km for the long Trail and 5.6km for Short Trail)
Mediclinic are our medical partners, and will be looking after you on race day.
SATURDAY RACE DAY CONTACT DETAILS:
FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES: 080 911 9111
FOR GENERAL ENQUIRIES: 021 430 7376
A medical point and ambulance will be placed at the Kramat on Signal Hill.
In the Greenpoint area, a mobile-doctor vehicle will cover shorter routes.
There will be a full medical tent at the finish. A medic with a golf cart will assist with the transport of injured runners to the race hospital.
Information relating to runners who have been admitted to the medical tent will be available at the information centre, located on the field at the finish.
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a carbon neutral event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #Run4change campaign. Please consider the environment and take action:
- Carry your own water in a hydration pack or water bottle belt.
- If you intend on using the water stations be sure to have your own reusable eco-cup or bottle to fill. In order to lower the carbon footprint, all Wildrunner trail running events have gone cupless, and so all aid stations require that runners bring their own cup/bottle/hydration pack to fill.
- Please keep to the “Take only pictures, leave only your footprints” motto. Please encourage your fellow runners to support our “DO NOT LITTER”
USED RUNNING GEAR
Do you have some old running gear and wish to promote our sport within the neediest communities? We encourage you to bring your old kit on race day and drop it off at the “SA can run” drop zone at the tog bag drop off points.