Entries opening 1 February 2019
ENTRIES opening on 1st February 2019
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (42.2km) is a prestigious global city race open to a range of running enthusiasts from elite athletes to social runners. Along the spectacular route, you will take in the famous natural beauty of Cape Town’s mountains and sea, as well as many of the city’s great attractions.
Running the marathon is unique way to experience the gorgeous highlights and the vibrant spirit of one of Africa’s most visited and most celebrated city. It is an ideal race both for athletes who aim to achieve fast times, and for first-timers who want to finish their inaugural marathon. The route is wheelchair-friendly, and the 6 hour 30 minute cut-off time can accommodate the social runner.
Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Event Records:
- Men: 02:08:31 (2018) – Stephen Mokoka (South Africa)
- Women: 02:29:28 (2018) – Helalia Johannes (Namibia)
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon takes place on Sunday, 15th September, 2019
- Race starts at 06h40
- Start: Beach Road, corner of Granger Bay and Beach Road, Green Point, Cape Town
- Finish: Vlei Road, Cape Town Stadium precinct, Green Point
- Cut off time – Duration is 6 hours 30 minutes
CUT OFF TIMES:
Due to IAAF requirements the race organisers will be strictly enforcing cut-off times in certain locations. There will be pick up busses for all athletes that do not make the cut-off times at the following points. Roving pick-ups will also take place.
- At 10.1km (Cnr Helen Suzman and Buitengracht Str) – 08h15
- At 18.7km (Water station 6; Pick n Pay Observatory, Main Road) – 09h40
- At 29km (Water Station 10; Rondebosch Common on Milner Road opposite Balfour Road) – 11h10
- At 35.9km (Water Station 13, Albert Road outside Biscuit Mill) – 12h20
- At 38.5km (Water Station 14; Newcastle Road, outside Castle) – 12h48
- At Finish Line: 6h30
- The Marathon is a closed event consisting of 11 000 runners
ENTRY FEES – click here for full details of the entry fees
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners, as well as wheelchair racers of 20 years of age and over
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- Timing chips are being used and will be placed on the back of your race number – please note if chip is tampered with no result or position will be recorded.
- On-line Entries close at midnight on 26th August 2019, or when the maximum entry limit has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- Manual entries close on 16th August 2019, or when the maximum entry limit has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- Voucher entries close on 31st August 2019. NO LATE VOUCHER ENTRIES accepted.
- Substitutions will be done until 26th AUGUST 2019. No refunds will be processed. An admin fee will be charged for substitution entries
- No upgrades or downgrades will be processed.
- REGISTRATION and collection of race numbers takes place on the 13th & 14th September at the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon EXPO & Registration at the Century City Conference Centre
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen campaign.
- RACE RULES: Entrants undertake to abide by the RACE RULES
- Athletes are able to off-set their carbon footprint by taking the #RUN4CHANGE pledge – OFF-SET YOUR TRAVEL CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Qualifying race for 2020 Old Mutual Two Oceans, Comrades Ultra-Marathons and several IAAF accredited marathons around the world
PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE’S PROGRAMME: (PAP) – click here for further information and application details
PRIZE MONEY AND SOUTH AFRICAN INCENTIVES: – click here for further information
TRACK YOUR MARATHON RUNNER
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon proudly presents RTRT.me, a real time tracking service for all of the 42.2km marathon runners.
Download app: http://rtrt.me/app/ctm
Athletes and supporters will be able to track their marathon runners progress (splits will be provided every 5km) by uploading the RTRT.me app onto their phone – go to http://rtrt.me/app/ctm for download. Once the RTRT.me app is downloaded onto your mobile device, open the app and follow the instructions below:
UNDER SEACH PARTIPANTS CATEGORY: Enter participants name or race number – select your runner.
Once the runner is downloaded onto the RTRT.me app on your phone, you can follow their progress.