Cape Town uniquely boasts the spectacular, natural mountain environment of the Table Mountain National Park within its central city limits. The 12km and 22km Sanlam Cape Town Peace Trail Runs allow you to rise above the urban environment and gloriously immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of nature as you take to the trails of Signal Hill and Lion’s Head.
You will enjoy stunning city and iconic Table Mountain vistas from the slopes of Signal Hill, as well as breathtaking views over the sweeping Atlantic Ocean from the contour path on Lion’s Head before making the descent to finish at Green Point Stadium.
- Takes place on Saturday, 14th September, 2019
- The PEACE TRAIL 22km starts at 07h30
- Start: Vlei Road, Green Point
- Finish: Vlei Road, Cape Town Stadium precinct
- The race is limited to 500 athletes
- Cut off time – Duration is 4.5 hours – finishing at 12h30
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners of 18 years of age and over
- On-line Entries close at midnight on 26th August 2019, or when the maximum entry limit of 500 entries has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- Voucher entries close on 26th August 2019. NO LATE VOUCHER ENTRIES accepted.
- Substitutions will be done until 26th AUGUST 2019. No refunds will be processed. An admin fee will be charged for substitution entries
- No upgrades or downgrades will be processed.
- ENTRY FEES – click here for full details of the entry fees
- REGISTRATION and collection of race numbers takes place on the 13th September at the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon EXPO & Registration at the Century City Conference Centre
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral
event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen
campaign. OFF SET YOUR TRAVEL CARBON FOOTPRINT AND TAKE THE GREEN PLEDGE
- PRIZE MONEY: – click here for further information
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- RACE RULES: Entrants undertake to abide by the RACE RULES
- TOILETS: There are two toilets situated along the route
Toilet 1 (Location: Situated in the Glen Picnic Area – KM Point: 8.5km)
Toilet 2 (Location: Situated at Signal Hill Parking lot – KM Point: 15km for the long Trail and 5.6km for Short Trail)