Cape Town uniquely boasts the spectacular, natural mountain environment of the Table Mountain National Park within its central city limits. The 12 and 22km Sanlam Cape Town Peace Trail Runs allow you to rise above the urban environment and gloriously immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of nature as you take to the trails of Signal Hill and Lion’s Head.
You will enjoy stunning city and iconic Table Mountain vistas from the slopes of Signal Hill, as well as breathtaking views over the sweeping Atlantic Ocean from the contour path on Lion’s Head before making the descent to finish at Green Point Stadium.
- Takes place on Saturday, 22nd September, 2018
- The PEACE TRAIL 12km starts at 07h45
- Start: Vlei Road, Green Point
- Finish: Vlei Road, Cape Town Stadium Presinct, Green Point
- Entries are limited to 500 runners
- Cut off time – Duration is 4 hours – finishing latest at 12 noon
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners of 18 years of age and over
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- ENTRY FEE:
- R295 – Includes race entry & SANParks entry fee
- Optional Extra: Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event shirt: R220
- R100 entry to SANParks is included in the entry fee
- Refunds: Please note that no refunds will be taken for downgrades from the Trail 22km
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral
event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen
- Off set your carbon footprint by donating a tree through GREENPOPS
WWF-SA involvement in this event: One of the great joys of trail running is the ability to get outside and enjoy nature in all its glory. Participants in the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon trail running events can now Run for Nature and help conserve the very nature they love and enjoy so much! Nature loving runners are invited to make a statement and support WWF through entering the WWF Run for Nature category in any of the trail running events. Your entry is inclusive of a WWF running shirt.