If you can run a half marathon, you can run a full MARATHON. You simply take what worked for you and you increase the duration of your long runs slowly and over time. Our tried and tested program requires 18 weeks training. This includes three weeks of taper before the event. You have 20 weeks to GO!
- Remember we are training to run far not fast.
- Time on your legs getting used to the exhaustion that comes with extended exercise is key to preparing yourself physically and mentally for the event.
- Rest is rest and part of protecting yourself.
- Do regular stretching and foam rolling on your rest days.
- After long runs a good rub down is essential.
- Run the slow runs really slowly.
- Do the time trials at race pace.
Just completed a half marathon? Imagine starting again and completing a marathon. 42,2km. A few days later your medal still lying in a prominent space as you head out on a recovery run in your bright half-marathon shirt. Well this feels a lot better than I thought. A marathon? No. Well perhaps? Maybe? Let’s just explore this a little deeper. After all there is one in September. Africa’s only IAAF Gold Label status marathon. #ChallengeYourself and enter now!
Download our FREE #HALF2FULL training program: www.capetownmarathon.com/half2full/
Or contact our coach for more guidance: firstname.lastname@example.org